This episode’s Community Champion Sponsor is Catalyst. To virtually tour Catalyst and claim your space on campus, or host an upcoming event: CLICK HERE
During this episode, Dr. Matt Sakumoto, virtual-first primary care physician and clinical informatics champion, joins us to discuss his personal experiences at multiple health systems and telehealth startups, which has led him to develop a national-leading approach to digital empathy and web-side manner for telehealth consults that are enabling care teams to better connect with patients.
Join us to learn from Dr. Sakumoto how care team providers can humanize their telehealth visits. Let’s go!
- Dr. Sakumoto’s outlines his approach to digital empathy and and how to foster web-side manner
- Humanizing the telehealth visit
- Delivering care beyond the clinic walls
- Ways to engage with patients beyond the specific point in time of the consult
- Why engaging with startups/innovation community was an important factor in developing Dr. Sakumoto’s approach
About Our Guest:
Dr. Matt Sakumoto is a virtualist primary care physician in San Francisco. He is also fellowship-trained in clinical informatics at UCSF, with a focus on virtual care and provider efficiency tools for the EHR. Through personal experience at multiple health systems and telehealth startups, he has developed an approach to Digital Empathy and Web-side Manner to better connect with patients.
Links Supporting This Episode:
- Dr. Matt Sakumoto LinkedIn page: CLICK HERE
- Dr. Matt Sakumoto Twitter page: CLICK HERE
- American Medical Association article: CLICK HERE
- Telehealth and Medicine Today report: CLICK HERE
- Mike Biselli LinkedIn page: CLICK HERE
- Mike Biselli Twitter page: CLICK HERE
- Visit our website: CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to newsletter: CLICK HERE
- Guest nomination form: CLICK HERE