This episode’s Community Champion Sponsor is Catalyst. To virtually tour Catalyst and claim your space on campus, or host an upcoming event: CLICK HERE
As the costs of genomic sequencing continue to decrease, our next guest’s mission is to ensure all stakeholders understand this technology’s transformative power and why it will positively impact personalized medicine for generations to come.
Dr. Mikolaj Raszek, Founder of Merogenomics, joins us to discuss how his company is enhancing safe access to genomic sequencing technologies worldwide.
Additionally, Dr. Raszek shares why he believes we all should take an active role with genomic sequencing as we continue to shape our collective knowledge and understanding of it from biological, ethical, and legal points of view.
Join us for this needed conversation as we learn how Dr. Raszekj and the Mergogenomics team are improving access to genomic sequencing. Let’s go!
- Dr. Mikolaj’s background that contributed to his passion to study genome sequencing
- Merogenomics’ services of providing access to medical DNA testing
- The one DNA test Dr. Mikolaj recommends everyone should do
- How Merogenomics can contribute to a future where genome sequencing is widely available and included in general medical practice
About Our Guest:
Merogenomics Inc., based in Edmonton, Canada, was founded by Dr. Mikolaj Raszek in 2015, who currently manages the corporation. Dr. Mikolaj Raszek holds a degree in Honours Genetics as well as a doctorate degree in Biochemistry, both obtained at the University of Alberta in Edmonton. During graduate studies, Dr. Raszek became excited by combinatorial biosynthesis and its application to genomics.
After defending his PhD dissertation, Dr. Raszek moved to Germany in 2012 to work at the University of Leipzig. Continued interest in microbial genomics exposed him to the still novel but burgeoning field of genomic medicine based on human DNA sequencing, and he decided to continue his career in this area of science.
Upon his return to Canada in 2013, Dr. Raszek found employment in Edmonton at Livestock Gentec, a young company dedicated to exploring the commercial benefits of genomic research in the Canadian livestock industry. The benefits that genomic sequencing could offer became clear, and in 2014 Dr. Raszek decided to start a business that would provide access to genome sequencing to the general public. Merogenomics Inc. came into existence to provide greater awareness and education about the benefits (and limitations) of genome sequencing.
Links Supporting This Episode:
- Merogenomics Inc. website: CLICK HERE
- Dr. Mikolaj Raszek LinkedIn page: CLICK HERE
- Merogenomics Inc. Twitter page: CLICK HERE
- Clubhouse handle: @mikebiselli
- Mike Biselli LinkedIn page: CLICK HERE
- Mike Biselli Twitter page: CLICK HERE
- Visit our website: CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to newsletter: CLICK HERE
- Guest nomination form: CLICK HERE