This episode’s Community Champion Sponsor is Catalyst. To virtually tour Catalyst and claim your space on campus, or host an upcoming event: CLICK HERE
During this episode, we are excited to welcome Dr. Subha Airan-Javia, CEO of CareAlign, a HIPAA-compliant care orchestration platform that empowers clinical teams to collaborate effectively while reducing the risk of communication-related medical errors. Dr. Airan-Javia is a seasoned clinician and informaticist with over 15 years of experience bridging the gap between frontline clinicians and technology teams designing care delivery.
While together, Dr. Airan-Javia shares her passion for healthcare innovation and why she co-founded CareAlign to address the inefficiencies and errors in medicine caused by communication breakdowns among clinicians. She also discusses how CareAlign is leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning to help clinicians make more informed decisions and ultimately improve patient outcomes.
Join us to learn how Dr. Airan-Javia and the CareAlign team are bringing care orchestration to clinicians’ fingertips. Let’s go!
- Dr. Airan-Javia’s advice on reimagining the health of our world
- How and why CareAlign was formed
- The inefficiencies and errors in medicine, and the need for effective communication in healthcare
- CareAlign’s mission to make it easier for clinicians to do the right thing for patients and save time
- CareAlign’s three main features
- The importance of building on the foundation of EHRs
About Our Guest:
Dr. Subha Airan-Javia has been practicing medicine and clinical informatics as a hospitalist at Penn Medicine since graduating from residency there in 2007. She has spent the last 15 years focused on bridging the gap between front line clinicians, and the teams building and designing the technology used to deliver care. Formerly the Associate Chief Medical Information Officer for Penn Medicine, Dr. Airan-Javia’s research focus has been on designing and implementing communication platforms to improve team coordination – from handoffs, to discharge to documentation. She also redesigned and implemented a handoff simulation education program for trainees at Penn Medicine as well as a curriculum in using technology effectively in clinical environments. Dr. Airan-Javia now serves as CEO of CareAlign, a Penn Medicine spin out dedicated to improving clinician workflows, and ensuring technology is designed to improve the quality of and experience delivering care.
Links Supporting This Episode:
- CareAlign website: CLICK HERE
- Dr. Subha Airan-Javia LinkedIn page: CLICK HERE
- CareAlign Twitter page: CLICK HERE
- Clubhouse handle: @mikebiselli
- Mike Biselli LinkedIn page: CLICK HERE
- Mike Biselli Twitter page: CLICK HERE
- Visit our website: CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to newsletter: CLICK HERE
- Guest nomination form: CLICK HERE