This episode’s Community Champion Sponsor is Catalyst. To virtually tour Catalyst and claim your space on campus, or host an upcoming event: CLICK HERE
While living with her grandmother during the pandemic, our next guest was distraught at the lack of fitness opportunities for older adults. This experience deeply inspired her to create a platform that equates fitness to healthcare so others like her grandmother can engage in a low-risk active lifestyle that empowers them to live the best lives they deserve.
Katie Reed, CEO, and Co-Founder of Balanced joins us to discuss how she and her team are creating a personalized digital wellness community that inspires movement, mindfulness, and joy through group exercise and community building.
Join us to experience Katie’s passion for the movement she has created and how her team at Balanced is delivering a new experience of fitness for older adults that motivates them to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Let’s go!
- Why Katie started the company due to her experience with her grandmother during the pandemic.
- How Balance’s digital fitness platform engages its users to live a healthy and active lifestyle.
- What the digital fitness experience has been like for Balance’s users and its fitness trainers.
- Katie’s plan to drive engagement with insurance companies without requiring Balance’s users to pay out of pocket to maintain their health.
About Our Guest:
Katie Reed is the co-founder and CEO at Balanced, where she oversees the company’s day-to-day business operations. She works directly with teams across the organization, from product management to marketing, to realize the company’s mission of becoming the ultimate fitness platform for healthy aging.
Prior to Balanced, Katie was an Engineering Manager at Ro where she was responsible for the developer workflows and automated testing teams. Prior to Ro, she consulted with non-profits and think tanks on product development strategy. Katie began her career in technology as a software engineer at Namely where she first experienced the lessons that come with a rapidly scaling organization from 10 to 50+ engineers.
Katie co-founded Balanced after living with her grandmother during the COVID-19 pandemic. The two could do everything together but when it came to exercise, Katie had a variety of digital exercise programs, but nothing of that caliber existed for her grandmother––limiting her ability for functional movement. Realizing her co-founder Kelly Froelich experienced something similar with her grandparents, the two set out to build Balanced and launched in November 2021.
Links Supporting This Episode:
- Balanced website: CLICK HERE
- Katie Reed LinkedIn page: CLICK HERE
- Balanced Twitter page: CLICK HERE
- Clubhouse handle: @mikebiselli
- Mike Biselli LinkedIn page: CLICK HERE
- Mike Biselli Twitter page: CLICK HERE
- Visit our website: CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to newsletter: CLICK HERE
- Guest nomination form: CLICK HERE