This episode’s Community Champion Sponsor is Salesforce. Salesforce believes the future of health is connected, do you? Learn more at www.salesforce.com/businessofhealth
Hear from Kevin Riley, Salesforce’s Chief Customer Officer, on this podcast: CLICK HERE
Before the COVID-19 pandemic, infectious diseases ran rampant in US nursing homes, and the nursing home industry has been struggling with infection prevention and control practices for decades. Thankfully our next guest has a deeply-rooted passion and bold vision for change!
Dr. Buffy Lloyd-Krejci, CEO of IPCWell, joins us to discuss how her organization is devoted to mitigating infectious diseases to reduce adverse events, infections, antibiotic resistance, re-admissions, and death through targeted, data-driven solutions and advanced statistical analytics.
Additionally, Dr. Buffy shares her journey of visiting hundreds of nursing homes and why her experience led her to write her book BROKEN: How the Global Pandemic Uncovered a Nursing Home System in Need of Repair and the Heroic Staff Fighting for Change.
Join us for this timely and needed conversation to learn how Dr. Buffy and IPCWell team are working tirelessly to combat the estimated one to three million infections leading to more than 380,000 deaths annually in the nursing home industry. Let’s go!
- How Dr. Buffy became so passionate about her mission
- IPCWell’s process to prevent harm and deaths from infections
- What Dr. Buffy experienced on the frontlines of healthcare when she was writing her book
- The importance of going on-site to provide coaching and mentoring for healthcare facilities
About our Guest:
Dr. Buffy Lloyd-Krejci is one of the foremost authorities on infection prevention and control in nursing homes and long-term care facilities. She is a frequent contributor and interview source for national and trade press concerning infection prevention and control and mitigation. With more than 20 years of healthcare and public health experience, Dr. Lloyd-Krejci’s data-driven approach is hands-on and collaborative. Using her experience with more than 700 healthcare facilities across the United States she works tirelessly to combat the estimated one to three million infections leading to more than 380,000 deaths every year in the nursing home industry. She has worked with the CDC and other organizations on infection control studies and research such as the Arizona Emergency Preparedness Infection Control(EPIC) grant, the Institute of Health (IHI) and, Project ECHO, a hub-and-spoke knowledge-sharing network to support Nursing Home leadership during COVID-19.
Links Supporting This Episode:
- IPCWell website: CLICK HERE
- Dr. Buffy Lloyd-Krejci LinkedIn page: CLICK HERE
- Dr. Buffy Lloyd-Krejci Twitter page: CLICK HERE
- Mike Biselli LinkedIn page: CLICK HERE
- Mike Biselli Twitter page: CLICK HERE
- Clubhouse handle: @mikebiselli
- Visit our website: CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to newsletter: CLICK HERE
- Guest nomination form: CLICK HERE