This episode’s Community Champion Sponsor is Catalyst. To virtually tour Catalyst and claim your space on campus, or host an upcoming event: CLICK HERE
After battling infertility and recurrent miscarriages, seven in total, our next guest applied her scientific expertise to uncover problems with ovulation quality, which led her to launch her high-growth startup that is providing fertility insights to families across the country.
Dr. Amy Beckley, Founder and CEO of Proov, joins us to discuss her founding journey of building her startup, the positive impacts the technology has on others trying to conceive, and where she envisions Proov to be over the next few years.
Join us for this powerful conversation with Dr. Beckley, a mompreneur who doesn’t take no for an answer as she and the Proov team empower women at every stage of life to track their hormones quickly and easily at home. Let’s go!
- Why Dr. Beckly created Proov after her battle with infertility and recurrent miscarriages
- How IVF is not the last resort to getting pregnant
- How Proov gained FDA clearance
- The response from families using Proov
- Dr. Beckley’s vision for Proov over the coming years
About our Guest:
Amy Beckley, PhD, is the founder of Proov and the inventor of the first and only FDA-cleared test to confirm ovulation at home. When Amy and her husband tried to get pregnant, they suffered through several years of infertility, including seven miscarriages and two rounds of IVF – the second of which resulted in her son. When Amy decided she wanted another child (without another round of IVF), she used her background in hormone signaling to uncover a problem with ovulation which caused a progesterone deficiency (also called a luteal phase defect). With the help of an inexpensive progesterone supplement, Amy and her husband were blessed with their daughter. Amy invented the original PdG test in her basement to help women identify problems with ovulation at home, and started selling them in plastic bags on Amazon with a $50 logo off Upwork.
Links Supporting This Episode:
- Proov website: CLICK HERE
- Dr. Amy Beckley LinkedIn page: CLICK HERE
- Proov Twitter page: CLICK HERE
- Mike Biselli LinkedIn page: CLICK HERE
- Mike Biselli Twitter page: CLICK HERE
- Visit our website: CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to newsletter: CLICK HERE
- Guest nomination form: CLICK HERE