This episode’s Community Champion Sponsor is Augmedix. To learn how they are revolutionizing the electronic health record: CLICK HERE
As a Kenyan-American immigrant who helped his parents bootstrap their home health small business to a few hundred employees, our next guest has applied those learnings to his mission of redesigning the healthcare experience for the consumers his company serves.
In today’s episode, Joseph Kitonga, the Founder of Vitable Health, joins us for an eye-opening and insightful conversation about the difficulties living wage workers face in accessing affordable healthcare and how he and his team are solving these critical issues.
While together, Joseph shares his journey of applying his childhood experiences, coupled with his adult professional learnings from outside of healthcare, and launching his fast-growing and thriving startup.
Join us for this refreshing conversation filled with passion, determination, and hope that we can reimagine, redesign, and build a new health plan for everyday people from the ground up.
- How Joseph’s childhood experience with his parent’s business shaped his desire to impact healthcare
- Joseph’s journey in becoming a healthcare innovation entrepreneur
- Vitable Health’s unique model of providing care to its members
- Where Joseph sees the industry heading in the next two years
About our Guest:
Joseph Kitonga is a Kenyan-American immigrant who helped his parents bootstrap their home health small business to a few hundred employees and is now applying those learnings to building his current company, Vitable Health. He is a 2020 Thiel Fellow and was a part of Y Combinator’s S20 Batch. He previously studied Computer Engineering at Penn State and was an intern at Microsoft on Xbox before turning down his full-time offer and dropping out from school.
Links Supporting This Episode:
- Vitable Health website: CLICK HERE
- Joseph Kitonga LinkedIn page: CLICK HERE
- Joseph Kitonga Twitter page: CLICK HERE
- Visit our website: CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to newsletter: CLICK HERE
- Guest nomination form: CLICK HERE